Table of Contents
After completing your journey through this chapter you should:
- Be familiar with strategies to minimise errors during the processes of data entry and data coding;
- Understand why the choice of file format should be planned carefully;
- Be able to manage the integrity and authenticity of your data during the research process;
- Understand the importance of a systematic approach to data quality;
- Be able to answer the DMP questions which are listed at the end of this chapter and adapt them to your own DMP.
The content of this chapter was inspired by research data management manuals, guidelines, online courses and methodological texts published by several data organisations and experts, in particular the information provided by the UK Data Service (2017a), the “Guide to Social Science Data Preparation and Archiving” by the US-based data organisation ICPSR (2012), the online course Research Data MANTRA (Research Data Service, University of Edinburgh, 2022), A guide into research data management by Corti, Van den Eynden, Bishop and Woollard (2014), Krejčí's "Introduction to the Management of Social Survey Data" (Krejčí, 2014), Gibbs (2007) and Data Management Guidelines produced and published by the Finnish Social Science Data Archive (Finnish Social Science Data Archive, 2017).